My first Australia motorcycle ride

Stories, adventures, tips and questions concerning expat life in Australia
rod
Site Admin

My first Australia motorcycle ride

Post by rod »

I'd been moto-less for nine months and finally picked up a second hand 2016 CB500XA in November. It's in perfect condition, bone stock, never dropped, 3400 miles. A good deal for me, the owner was underwater on the loan and wanted to get out of it.

I need a pair of gloves and a new helmet 'cause I think the one I brought from California is illegal here (you have to have specific stickers). Also have to figure out a tank bag and top case somehow. There are a couple of stores nearby with moto accessories but they are closed on Sunday and I really wanted to take a spin.

So illegal and gloveless, off to Bellingen I go. The loop I chose is about an hour ride time and I also stopped for gas and breakfast.

I took main roads to get there, and a more scenic route on the way back. With no tank bag I had no good place to put my written directions so I memorized them. Below are some pics from the ride home.

There were a few kms of gravel, which was a surprise and a bit worrying because I really didn't need to slide out with no gloves!

All ended well and I arrived home with a big grin. :mrgreen: