Welcome to Bridge in Oz

Information and discussions concerning the Bridge in Oz web forum.
rod
Site Admin

Welcome to Bridge in Oz

Post by rod »

The COVID-19 pandemic has been a disaster for the game of bridge.

When it hit Australia bridge clubs closed, including my home club in Coffs Harbour. Members were left with no good way to communicate with each other except one-to-one. Community interaction was lost. I was inspired to create this discussion forum as a way for us to continue our interactions, and similarly for other bridge players across Australia and even the world.

Please register for an account so you can participate in these discussions. It costs nothing and we won't send you advertisements or sell your email address. Also if you don't see your club listed in the Club Matters sub-forum, please post in the All Others section under that to request its inclusion.

After you have registered I encourage you to post a message in the Introductions sub-form so others will know a little bit about you.

To reduce spamming, your first couple of postings will not show up until they are approved by a moderator. So just be patient, they will appear very soon, and then afterwards your posts will appear without any delay.

Note that as a registered user you'll receive a weekly digest of recent forum activity by default. You can change the settings for this or unsubscribe via the Digests tab of your User Control Panel.

User Guide

The phpBB software that powers this forum has a user guide that you may find useful. Click the various links on the left side of the page to select topics.

Changing Your Password and Other Profile Settings

Click your name at the top of any page, select User Control Panel and then the Profile tab. Then you can select Edit account settings to change your password, or other links there to change other aspects of your profile. In particular I suggest you prepare and upload a photo or other image for your avatar; maximum dimensions for that are 120x120 pixels.
rod
Site Admin

A couple of changes

Post by rod »

Bridge in Oz has now been split off from its parent site which also hosted a sub-forum for expats. As you have doubtless noticed the new primary URL is "https://in-oz.com/bridge".

Also there is now a "digests" feature that will email you a weekly summary of new postings in the forum since your last visit. You can control this or unsubscribe via the Digests tab in your User Control Panel. There are quite a few parameters there but the default ones are very reasonable.